Tuesday, May 17, 2011
The Lion Sleeps Tonight Savannah Not a Poncho
Seeing how another knitter interprets my designs is like coming to experience it all over again. Christie Furber creates the most magnificent creations when she sweeps her needles across the knitting canvas. Her glorious creation 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' from the Safari Not a Poncho design in the new Safari and Savannahs three-pattern guide is a example.
Though she followed the pattern in color and shaping, its obvious her own spirit and creativity is at play. I just love how she melded the pebbly textures of seed stitch with the tuffs and grassy bits. Those high-concept fringy yarns are made for projects like this.
Though Christie used her own yarns for this creation, the Savannah and Safari Kit contains 700 yards plus the pattern and is available for 15% off all this month. Check it out here: http://www.janethornley.com/blog/index.php/knitting/kits_for_sale/
- The Safari and Savannahs Evocative Guide print version
- Mango Moon Dharma in gold
- Mango Moon Dharma in pumpkin
- Mango Moon Silky Ribbon in black
- Mango Moon cotton tape in pumpkin
- Luna ribbon in black/copper
- Mango Moon Chakra Beaded Yarn in brown and gold
- Fleece Artist Mulberry Silk Tussah hand-dyed yarn in Molten Earth (custom dyed)
- Brown mohair Mix
- Smooth Mulberry Silk in gold for back design
* If you do the calculations, you couldn't buy these yarns for the kit price, especially with the print pattern included. All kits come with a project bag.