Thursday, April 21, 2011
SAFARIS AND SAVANNAHS Kit
Safari and Savannahs Kit
This time of year, baskets of goodies abound but maybe you also crave color and texture of the non-fattening, no sugar-added, variety. I just received a new order of yarn especially foraged for filling a lovely kit for the Safari and Savannahs Evocative Guide. Think silk in multiple textures, grassy and beaded yarns, plus a silky ribbon—over 700 yards in all, enough for the Great Zimbabwe Vest or as a starter kit for the Safari & Savanah Not-a-poncho (just add black and stir). Scroll down to recent entries for more information on the three designs offered in the guide.
The kit includes 700 yards of:
- The Safari and Savannahs Evocative Guide print version
- Mango Moon Dharma in gold
- Mango Moon Dharma in pumpkin
- Mango Moon Silky Ribbon in black
- Mango Moon cotton tape in pumpkin
- Luna ribbon in black/copper
- Mango Moon Chakra Beaded Yarn in brown and gold
- Fleece Artist Mulberry Silk Tussah hand-dyed yarn in Molten Earth (custom dyed)
- Brown mohair Mix
- Smooth Mulberry Silk in gold for back design
* If you do the calculations, you couldn't buy these yarns for the kit price, especially with the print pattern included. All kits come with a project bag as seen.
Kit price: $185 with $12 flat-rate postage within North America. To order, email me at Jane@janethornley.com. I accept PayPal, checks and credit cards. Thanks! Have a happy Easter!
In addition, I also have coordinating shawl pins for $35 each: